Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Emerging Colour 1

I've been wanting to try this technique for a while and now that I have Fabulous Flowers what better time. You can find a tutorial for this technique here on SCS and many other techniques can be found here.

I've made 2 cards using this technique but I will post 1 each day and give you more info on how I made the cards.

For my first card I thought I would use Looks Like Spring. It's been a while since I have used this set and seeing how it has co-ordinating Designer Series Paper, that I also haven't used in a while, I have taken my colours from the Spring Flowers pack and I have incorporated some of them into my card.  I'm quite happy with the results but I think I would have stamped the larger flower closer together so more colours would emerge..... Let me know what you think. 

My first step is to create my focal image using the Emerging Colour Technique.

I started out with an A6 piece of Whisper White cardstock which I trimmed down later. Using the trio flower stamp from Looks Like Spring and the Cameo Coral, Barely Banana & Mellow Moss Stampin' Write Markers, I've inked up the flowers and randomly stamped onto the Whisper White card. (Remember when using markers to huff on your stamps to re-moisten before stamping.) Allow to dry.

Once dry I inked up the large flower with Versamark and raLooks Like Spring - Emerging Colourndomly stamped onto this same piece of card overstamping some of the trio flower images. Apply clear embossing powder and heat with heat gun. Once cool, I inked up my brayer with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and applied over the top. Keep applying until you are happy with the colour. Allow to dry and then using a tissue, wipe off any colour from the embossed images. The colours have emerged. I have then used the Chocolate Chip inkpad again and the small swirl image from Priceless and randomly stamped the card. Again wipe off ink from embossed flowers.

This completes your Emerging Colour piece.

To make the card I've started out with an A5 piece of Chocolate Chip card which I folded in half to form my card. The edges have then been sponged using a sponge dauber and Chocolate Chip ink. I have then cut a 144mm x 101mm piece of Spring Flowers DSP and sponged using Sahara Sand ink and a sponge dauber. Adhere to main card.

Next I cut a 40mm x 101mm piece of Spring Flowers DSP (Cameo Coral colour) and layered onto a 43mm x 101mm piece of Barely Banana cardstock. This is then adhered to card as shown. I have set 3 Mellow Moss eyelets on bottom of last layer. (Template guide is great for even placement of eyelets.)

I have then cut down my Emerging Colour piece to 120mm x 50mm. Layer this onto a 123mm x 53mm piece of Mellow Moss and then onto a 127mm x 57mm piece of Barely Banana. Layer this piece onto card as shown using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next I stamped 'best wishes' from Short & Sweet onto Sahara Sand cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink. Punch out using Large Oval Punch and sponge edges lightly using a sponge dauber and Chocolate Chip Ink. Punch out a Label Punch from Chocolate Chip cardstock and layer oval on top. Adhere to card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Lastly, I've inked the trio flower image from Looks Like Spring using Cameo Coral, Barely Banana & Mellow Moss Stampin' Write Markers and then punched out using the Spring Bouquet Punch. Adhere to card using Mini Glue Dots.

 

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Looks Like Spring, Priceless, Short & Sweet
Card: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, Spring Flowers DSP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana & Mellow Moss Stempin' Write Markers.
Accessories: Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Spring Bouquet Punch, Soft Subtles eyelets, sponge daubers, clear embossing powder, heat gun, brayer, Stampin' Dimensionals. Tool Kit, Mini Glue Dots.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: