Saturday, June 14, 2008

kwernerdesign Challenge #11

I have been looking at Kristina's site for weeks and meaning to play along with one of her Colour Inspiration Challenges but just haven't had time. Well yesterday afternoon I noticed the post for her latest challenge and decided that I could do these colours, so last night at my stamp night with friends I was determined to make a card to participate. 

This is the Colour Inspiration Challenge for this week.

061208-color

I actually managed to create 2 cards for this challenge. I also gave myself another challenge and that was to use a set I haven't used much or not at all.

I already had my Spring Solitude Hostess Bundle out as I was using that on something else I needed to complete, so my first card is using that set.

Spring Solitude kwdc#11

I've used a small amount of Going Gray cardstock which unfortunately isn't available any longer however I thought this would fit better than one of the other colours here. Mind you I probably could have gone with Whisper White  and daubered around the edges for some added colour. Hmm...maybe I'll revamp with only current supplies. What do you think?

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Spring Solitude Bundle (Hostess Level 2)
Cardstock: Rose Red, So Saffron, Whisper White, Going Gray (retired)
Ink: So Saffron, Going Gray, Old Olive, Rose Red
Accessories: Word Window Punch, So Saffron & Rose Red Brad (Rich Regals pack), Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now the second card is using the Sweet Shapes set. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have had this set for a while now but it's never seen ink before now. Everything is current Stampin' Up supplies on this card.

Sweet Shapes kwdc#11

I was quite happy with the end result on this card and must make more effort to use this set. I've used some Old Olive Prints DSP in this card and am enjoying using the SU papers more and more these days.

 

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Sweet Shapes
Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White, Old Olive Prints DSP
Inks: Going Gray, Old Olive, Rose Red, So Saffron
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, So Saffron brads (Rich Regals pack), Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

8 comments:

Megan said...

I love the first card you did. Very nice! :)

Carol Dunstan said...

Really like both your cards Nikki, but like Megan the first is my fave

Alana Galagher said...

I too love the Spring Solitude card - it's lovely :)

Jayne Mercer said...

Lovely cards Nikki.

Traveling Mama said...

Both cards are very pretty! The first is my fav too!

Anonymous said...

I like them both too! These are two sets I want to use and always end up with dissapointing results. Mind if I copy?
Dawn

Nikki said...

Hi Dawn. Feel free to CASE.
Nikki S

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Nikki, as always