Friday, August 8, 2008

Follow your Heart

 

This must be a record for me. 4 postings in one day. Don't get used to this as guaranteed it won't happen often. I'd like to, don't get me wrong, but we all know that life gets in the way sometimes, especially when you have 4 children. I know that's not your fault but unless you want to come and watch them for me then you'll just have to put up with it....hahaha.

Moving right along I'll get to the purpose of my post.

One of the fabulous Australian demonstrator groups I'm in has regular challenges. I really don't know how the wonderful and inspiring moderators manage to do all they do in this group considering they have very busy lives with both family and their Stampin' Up businesses but I sure do appreciate it.

Anyway in this group we get colour challenges, sketch challenges, challenges using a certain product, or maybe just a theme. One of the more recent ones was to use some of the wonderful Rub-ons available from Stampin' Up. Now I'm not a real sticker kinda gal but these rub-on's are totally different and are just gorgeous. I have most of the packs available and used some recently in this post on the last 2 cards.

Now for the rub-ons challenge I decided I wanted to do something different instead of using them on a card. This will also show you the versatility of them. So what did I decide to do??

 

Decorate a glass candle holder.

Finished Candle Holder 1 Finished Candle Holder 2

I looovvve candles so I really didn't need an excuse to purchase a new one (it's cucumber and green tea just in case you wanted to know and it smells divine and it's not even lit yet). I've used a small glass hurricane candle holder and decorated it with the Urban West rub-ons in white. The Rub-ons come with a sheet each in black and white.

Now this is just one idea for using rub-ons. You can decorate almost anything with them. Just use your imagination. You can add them to ribbon, decorate your diary, coffee mug, picture frames, add them to cards and/or scrapbook layouts, to name just a few things.

If you've done something different with Rub-ons lately leave me a comment and a link to share your project.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: