Saturday, January 10, 2009

Birthday Cards....

No not for me as my birthday isn't till June but maybe for you...... These will be going out to some of my stamping friends in the not too distant future. One of my goals for this year is to be a little more active with sending cards out to those in the groups I'm in especially for Birthdays. I actually made a Card Organiser on Thursday afternoon and altered it a little from the SCS tutorial, which I will share with you tomorrow, but when it was finished I really didn't think it would hold the amount of cards it will need to. What I'm aiming to do is to just make Birthday cards some days so I'm not leaving them till the last minute and then they don't go out on time. Instead I've decided I'll use one of my Forget-Me-Knot keepers I have (unfortunately these aren't available at the current time through SU) but you could use any small box you have and decorate it with DSP to pretty it up. Anyway so now that I've shared 'one' of my aims/goals for this year let me show you the cards I made.

Remember yesterdays post I mentioned that these cards where using Old Olive, Real Red & Pumpkin Pie which is the combination I used for this original card shown here. Now I've differed these more than the Regal Rose, Old Olive & Pretty in Pink cards except for the image as you will see.

So this was the next card I made:

Live Your Dreams 10

For this card I two toned the flower. I inked up the whole flower with my Pumpkin Pie marker then I used a sponge dauber and Real Red inkpad around the outer edge. I was very happy with the colour result on this one. It looks a little more subtle and summery. The Real Red strip at the bottom of the card has been paper pierced with 3 rows as the strip looked very plain otherwise and I almost wasn't going to add it but the card still needed something. I'm happy with it. What do you think?

The next card was this one:

Live Your Dreams 9

This one has a slightly similar layout to the original. I've stamped onto the Old Olive card using Old Olive ink and the small flower cluster from the Live Your Dreams stamp set instead of using DSP. I'm not sure if you can see it too well from the picture but I've Paper Pierced around the right hand side only of the main image on the Real Red base card.

And the final card for today is this one.

Live Your Dreams 8

A little bit of Old Olive Print DSP, some Old Olive brads and a couple of markers and your done. Well maybe not that simple but it is a very quick card and still looks effective.

Hope you like today's cards.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Live Your Dreams, Short & Sweet or Cheer & Wishes or Sincere Salutations
Card: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie or Old Olive Prints DSP
Ink: Real Red inkpad, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red markers
Accessories: Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Real Red brads (Bold Brights), Old Olive Brads (Earth Elements), Large & Small Oval Punch, Paper Piercing template & Tool (Tool Kit), Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many gorgeous variations using just one stamping image !!! They are all in my faves ! Well done !

Unknown said...

You are just rockin out the cutest cards with this set!! They're ALL just beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com
www.lorraine.stampinup.net