Monday, July 6, 2009

Kiwi Crazy

I just looovveee Kiwi Kiss. This probably surprises you after my last post about Bold Bright colours but there’s just something about it.

Guess what else?

It looks really good with Real Red…lol. I did say I didn’t dislike the Bold Brights just that they weren’t my most used colour family. I like certain colours teamed with other colours from the remaining colour families and of course the In Colors. So today’s card is mainly Real Red & Kiwi Kiss.

The stamp set I’ve used, if you haven’t already guessed from the post title, is Crazy for Cupcakes. There’s a little story behind this too. I didn’t own this set a little while back and my downline did, so when we caught up she brought her set along so I could stamp some images. As she was leaving I told her if I didn’t have a ‘Crazy for Cupcakes’ card up on my blog within a week or two to say something to me. Well I didn’t and when I caught up with her again last week she mentioned this. So now I have finally used one of the images I stamped out from her set that day. I have also since purchased my own set so keep watch if you like Cupcakes as you will probably see a little more of it over the next few weeks.

Enough talk, I’m sure you all just want to see it, so here it is.

Crazy for Cupcakes 1

When I decided to make this card I knew I wanted to use some of the gorgeous Raspberry Tart DSP so that’s where my colours come from. The colours that coordinate with the Raspberry Tart DSP are Real Red, Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Pretty In Pink & Kiwi Kiss. The only colour I haven’t used is Cameo Coral. To colour the image I used an Aqua Painter and inkpads. I’ve used my Nestabilities to cut out and layer the cupcakes which you might see a little more of on my cards as it’s pointless having them if I never use them just so I use only SU. After all I’m sure I’m not the only one that owns these, am I?

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Crazy for Cupcakes, On Your Birthday
Card: Real Red, Kiwi Kiss, Watercolor paper, Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Stazon Black, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Aqua Painter, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Nestabilities Oval Plain & Scallop (non-SU)



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Pretty card! I think you're right -- the colors really work together!