Friday, October 23, 2009

Embrace Life

Here’s another set that I haven’t inked in ages but I also decided to play with some retired colours.

I’m using that layout again that I’m really liking at the moment and did create 3 cards but I’ve already given one away and didn’t realise my photo hadn’t downloaded to my computer correctly so I can only share 2 of them with you. I might just have to recreate the other again….

Just briefly about computers, it seems mine is finally fixed and working correctly (I’m touching wood while typing this so I don’t jinx myself) and it turns out to have just been an updated driver required for my Vista laptop. I’m sure the company wish they had of tried this first before replacing USB’s, RAM and a Graphics Card. Oh well I guess that’s for all the problems I had to put up with……

So back to the cards.

I pulled out my retired Ginger Blossom DSP and some River Rock and Groovy Guava cardstock from last years In Colors to make these. I love this years but I still miss last years and seeing how I still have plenty in my stash I guess I should use some of it.

This card was actually the second card I made. Card 1 was the one I gave away.

Card 2

For this card I’ve started out with a base of Ruby Red, scallop edged a piece of River Rock and then added some Ginger Blossom DSP in a Groovy Guava print onto the River Rock as shown. This was then is adhered to the main card.

Next I created my Scallop Edge Medallions in River Rock and a slightly smaller one in Ruby Red. This is layered onto the main card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I’ve then stamped the flower onto Watercolor Paper using Stazon Jet Black ink and watercolored using an Aqua Painter and inkpads in Groovy Guava & Ruby Red. I have then cut out the flower, used a white gel pen on the stamens, added a white half back pearl to the centre and attached to the medallion using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

The final step was to stamp the sentiment onto watercolour paper using Stazon Jet Black and punch out with the Word Window Punch. I’ve daubered the edges with River Rock and again attached to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

 

 

The next card is the same layout just using a different piece of Ginger Blossom DSP and changing the colours.

 

Card 1

 

So for this one I started out with a Groovy Guava base and used Ruby Red for the scallop edge piece.

The medallion is Ruby Red and Groovy Guava. I coloured the flower image again using the Aqua Painter and inkpads this time using Groovy Guava, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red. The stamens have been coloured with a Ruby Red marker and I’ve added a vanilla half backed pearl to the centre this time as the DSP has more of a cream feel than a white.

The sentiment is done the same again but this time I daubered the edges with Ruby Red.

 

 

 

 

So do you miss last years In Colours? Maybe you have some left too and hopefully I’ve inspired you to play with them again. Feel free to leave a comment and a link to your latest creation using some retired items.

 

Happy Stamping
Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: