Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Freshly Harvested

It’s time for a new challenge at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog and this week is……

Paper Piecing.

Our sponsor for this challenge is The Paper Shelter.

I am using a set from The Paper Shelter today called Freshly Harvested.

Here’s what I came up with for my first ever attempt at paper piecing.

P1040350

I’ve used a mix of the Pre-coloured and line images in my creations and fiddled a little in my picture editing software to achieve my end result.

The background and the plants are the pre-coloured parts I’ve used. These come in a few options but I’ve edited them and combined 2 together. I’ve also created my sentiment in my editing program and added it to my background. I’ve printed the tag section up an additional 2 times to add some layering.

My main image has been printed onto X-Press It Blending Card once and then 3 other times onto 3 different digital papers from the Let’s make a Pic-nic! Paper Pack from The Paper Shelter. I’ve then cut out different parts of the image from the 3 papers for her clothes, scarf and thongs (as us Aussie’s would say) or as others now them, flip flops. I’ve coloured in her skin, hair & basket with my Copic Markers and then layered the paper pieced pieces onto my image. I then fussy cut the image and added the image to the card using Dimensionals to give it a more 3D effect.

The card I kept very simple so the image is the main focus.

Here’s a closer look at the image.

P1040351

The Copic Markers I’ve used are:

Skin – E00, E000, E0000, R20; Eyes – B95, B93, B91; Hair & Basket – E57, E55, E53, E51; Greenery in Basket – YG95, YG93, YG91.

Supplies:
Card: Mellow Moss (retired SU), Naturals White(SU), X-Press It Blending Card
Accessories: Go Create Die – XXL Square Frames Frilly #8, Dimensionals, Copic Markers.

I hope my card gives you some inspiration to have a go at some Paper Piecing and enter our Loves Rubberstamps challenge.

If you haven’t already stopped by the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog then pop over now and check out what the rest of the DT have created for this week’s challenge.

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: